The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Initial window displays tab drawer on wrong side? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I decided to pick up omniweb a few months ago after finally giving it a try after I experimented with all the other mac browsers and came away disappointed. This one delivered on all fronts, and I'm especially fond of how smooth it is while using two-finger scrolling and the tab drawer.

Speaking of the tab drawer, I've been having this odd issue where when I start omniweb, the drawer is loaded on the right side, where as it is set to the 'left' option. If I open a new window, it correctly appears on the left. Not a big deal, but what gives?

Is it possible that you, at some point, took a snapshot of your default workspace with the tab drawer on the right? If you open a new window, which opens the tab drawer on the left, and close the original window, and then take a snapshot, does it open correctly from then on?

Hope that helps.

I've seen this before, it happens only very rarely and it's not from a new snapshot. A few other people said they've seen it too. Don't know how to replicate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justG
Is it possible that you, at some point, took a snapshot of your default workspace with the tab drawer on the right? If you open a new window, which opens the tab drawer on the left, and close the original window, and then take a snapshot, does it open correctly from then on?

Hope that helps.
I don't know how it could have, I've never used it on the right side. In any case, taking a new screenshot with it set on the left seems to have fixed it, for now at least. Thanks!

Happens to me often. Omni claimed it was because of a snapshot, but it wasn't.

I recall OmniWeb used to occasionally open the tab drawer on the wrong side. It seemed to happen when the window was positioned near the edge of my screen, with not enough room for the tab. And once the drawer was on the wrong side, it would continue to open there even if there was room on the right side.

I could force the tab drawer to the proper side by (1) moving the main window to make room, and (2) toggling the drawer position preference.

It's been a while since I've seen this due to OmniWeb improvement, dumb luck, or whatever. (I realize I'm seriously tempting fate by writing this.)

Note, the drawer will open on the opposite side if you press option as you click the drawer button - is it possible that you accidentally hit option while you were opening the drawer?

I'm pretty sure Ward is on the money here. If you launch OmniWeb close to the left edge of the screen the tab drawer will open on the right hand side. You can prevent this by moving your window over further to the right and then save your window size (which also saves the default position).