The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Developer > Omni Frameworks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Select and highlight w/o editing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've just discovered the Omni Frameworks for iPad, et al. WOW!

I working on reader where I would like a user to be able select a word but I don't want to invoke the keyboard/edit. I just want to know what word they touched and to be able to highlight it in some fashion.

I've just begun exploring the code and any pointers would be most appreciated.

thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason J View Post
I've just discovered the Omni Frameworks for iPad, et al. WOW!

I working on reader where I would like a user to be able select a word but I don't want to invoke the keyboard/edit. I just want to know what word they touched and to be able to highlight it in some fashion.

I've just begun exploring the code and any pointers would be most appreciated.

thanks.
Im on the same exact boat! I just wanna let the user select/highlight the text. I"ll try to find my way with this great oportutinty from Omni source, but I ask any1 with more experience on this, to jump on the same spirit of sharing knowledge, and help us.

I'll post here any info/direction as I get them, ok?

Thanks in advance :)

You may be able to add a flag or delegate method to OUIEditableFrame to specify whether it edits. If it isn't configured to edit, you could then return NO from -canBecomeFirstResponder ... not sure what other issues you might run into after this since we haven't needed this capability yet. My guess is that you'd not get the selection controls w/o further tweaking.

We do have some hit testing in OUITextLayout for things like tapping links, but not for selecting/highlighting.