The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How to turn off those numbers? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Another bug... some of my contexts have children contexts.
Some of the parent contexts total the children context numbers... but one of them is not showing a number, although there are numbers in the children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eronel View Post
Could it be counting the enclosing item? I have noticed that if I group items and assign a due date to the group, then the counter includes the group in the count, even though it's not a task per se.
Good idea. I don't have any children for those items. And the parent is not a repeating. I can't find any more due actions around those items where that number may be picking up from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOcean View Post
Good idea. I don't have any children for those items. And the parent is not a repeating. I can't find any more due actions around those items where that number may be picking up from?
I figured it out!

I was focused on a folder... and the other items were from my work folder.

In my opinion this should be corrected... I don't want to see my work overdue items when I am at home. :-)

I'll put in a feedback request.
If this is something you agree with, please do the same.

Just a vote of confidence for omni— I love the direction you are going with the numbers.

Quote:
I figured it out!
In my opinion this should be corrected... I don't want to see my work overdue items when I am at home. :-)

This is *extremely* important. I can learn to love the numbers, but not if all my overdue home items are cluttering my day at work and vice versa. I *hate* that.

Quote:
I was focused on a folder... and the other items were from my work folder.

Silly me... I didn't consider this when implementing it. Your idea makes perfect sense; I've written it up as <bug://42985>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
Silly me... I didn't consider this when implementing it. Your idea makes perfect sense; I've written it up as <bug://42985>.
High five! <spiralocean does the jig for joy>

Thank you Tim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
Focus on Selected Project should work on the current project when an action is selected, much as it does for Mark Reviewed.
And now it does! (In build 94417 or later, that is.)

Sweet! Thanks, Ken.

Curt

I like these numbers now - removing the counts on an expanded folder was a stroke of genius UI design. I agree with (Curt I think?) that something isn't due soon if the start date is in the future - I can't do anything about those actions yet so don't freak me out by making me think I'm going to miss a due date.