The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

error: "multiple root transaction identifiers" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm trying to migrate OF from one computer to another. Unfortunately, I had to restore the source computer from a cloned backup; I don't know if that has anything to do with this, but when I try to open OF on either computer now, I get an error message saying

"Unable to read document: Found multiple root transaction identifiers in “file://localhost/Users/me/Library/Application%20Support/OmniFocus/OmniFocus.ofocus/”.

I've tried restoring from a backup on iDisk and one on Dropbox, and I get the same thing.

Help??

Unfortunately, the error message you're getting means that two or more copies of the OmniFocus database have been superimposed on each other. We've had a couple of cases where backup software has done this rather than keep the various revisions of the main database separate.

Your first option would be to use one of OmniFocus' own database backups - by default, they're stored in your Documents folder.

If those aren't available, or if you find they have the same problem as your main database, contact the support ninjas and they can assist.