The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Shortcut key for "due today"? [ANSWER: see thread &/or email support to request feat] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I did some digging around and can't seem to find if there is a quick key command to make something due 'today'. I guess I could quickly flag things, but was hoping there is a better way.

Anyone with more OF experience than I have know if this is possible?

There's nothing identical to, say, Things's "Today" quick key. Closest is likely to flag an item and use the "Due or Flagged" perspective. Or you can show the due date and tab there and type "today" on a task. That's 6 keystrokes though, at least ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatOne View Post
There's nothing identical to, say, Things's "Today" quick key. Closest is likely to flag an item and use the "Due or Flagged" perspective. Or you can show the due date and tab there and type "today" on a task. That's 6 keystrokes though, at least ;-)
For now, I've been basically doing something like that. I'm an applescript novice but I think I'm going to look into the possibility of writing some applescript to quickly mark something due 'today' (whatever time you have set as the default in the prefs).

I'll also submit the idea via email and see if it's something they'd want to implement for 2.0 or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatOne View Post
Or you can show the due date and tab there and type "today" on a task. That's 6 keystrokes though, at least ;-)
"tod" HTH :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
"tod" HTH :-)
0d

(zero d) also works :-)

the actual time [if that's the case ] also works ex. 10am 1pm
I use it to throw my After work tasks further down a sorted list .
OF automatically assumes you mean " today " ; )

Last edited by ext555; 2009-05-11 at 02:16 AM..

Those all work to be sure, but I'm looking to be able to select an item, not have to tab to any other fields, and press a key command (cmd + t) or whatever, and mark it 'due today'. Quick, easy.

ok I see where the confusion is here , technically , things doesn't mark an item " due today " with it's shortcut [command T] it assigns it a today notifier [yellow star ] which makes it appear in the today list , but the today list isn't necessarily items due today . You can mark an item " today " that has no due date , or an item that isn't due for 3 months .

if you have an item with no due , yes command T makes it appear in the list "today " but it doesn't mark it " due today " it doesn't change or add a due date at all .

Actually " flags " in OF accomplishes the same thing , you just have to build the perspective to show me flagged items , but it's the same principle [and the shortcut to mark an item as flagged is shift+command+L .

the only difference is , you have to select all your due today items that aren't already flagged and apply the flag [one time will get them all ] if you want to see a "today" view like things .

Last edited by ext555; 2009-05-11 at 09:37 AM..

Ext555, a couple of releases back, we added a status filter named "Due or Flagged" to the view options in context view. Doesn't that do what you're looking for?

Last edited by Brian; 2009-05-11 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: left ext555's handle off my post.