The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Missing action in Context view Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I must be missing something - (today is 8/20/07)

I just checked Context view (Ungrouped, project, available, any, all) and found only one action, "weekly review" (with start date 8/20/07)

While going through the review, I discovered an action with a start date of 8/20/07 (no end date) in the following organization:

Dept (folder)
--Manager projects (folder)
----Review Letters (folder)
------Smith (Project: sequential, no dates)
--------Write letter and send (Action: context=Office) : start 8/20/07

The action is the only one in the Smith project. I can't understand why this isn't showing up in the Context view when I focus on the Office context. I tried assigning a start date of 8/20/07 for the Smith project, but that didn't help. The Smith project is active and is not defined to contain singletons.

Does anyone have a suggestion for possible user errors. FWIW, when I finished the review and checked the Weekly Review box, it disappeared from the context list, which is proper. But then no actions were displayed for Office. (As mentioned above, in context view, my filter settings are:
Ungrouped, project, available, any, all

If I change the filter to "any" or "remaining" instead of "available", then I do see the "Write letter" action. Since the action is the only one in the Smith project, shouldn't it be displayed using "available"?

Well, it took a while -

I had shut down OF and reinvoked; that didn't help. Finally I closed the window and worked on other stuff for about a half hour. I needed to check something in OF, clicked the icon on the dock, a new window opened, and there was the "letter" action showing in the context view. Have no idea what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvonk View Post
Well, it took a while -

I had shut down OF and reinvoked; that didn't help. Finally I closed the window and worked on other stuff for about a half hour. I needed to check something in OF, clicked the icon on the dock, a new window opened, and there was the "letter" action showing in the context view. Have no idea what happened.
The start date is really a start time. If the item was set to start on 8/20 at a time later than the time when you first looked, then it wouldn't show up.

Curt