The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

'Clickable' URLs or web-links in OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In OO I can drag an icon from Safari right into my outline, and it will produce a link that I can later click on which will in turn open that page in my default web browser. How can I create this same kind of link in OF?

Looks like you can drag the icon to the Notes field and it will create a clickable link, if that helps.

Thank you Craig. I thought I had tried this earlier without success; however, I dragged the icon this time instead of copying the link and it worked.

I perceive it as a large step back, though. OF forces me to phrase my action as "review the link that I've pasted in this note below" instead of the action being "review this: <link>". It's an extra click as well, sometimes, because the notes-header collapses without any reason that I can see from time to time.

You can also create an action item using your clippings keyboard shortcut, and the URL will be pasted into the note automatically

Mr. Lande...

I can't wait to see your NEXT manual. ;-)

thanks for the tidbits