The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Export criteria: Where did this feature go? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just bought OmniPlan because the tutorial video on exporting shows the ability to restrict which tasks are included, and I need to export .ics files per human resource ("staff").

This feature is not in the current OmniPlan, as far as I can tell. I searched forum, in OP Help, and in the manual. Was it moved to some other menu, or was it removed entirely? If removed, why? The release notes page does not refer to the removal of this feature, so I'm hoping it's tucked in some corner of OP that I just can't find. Thanks, Omni!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tutorial export dialogue.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	627   Click image for larger version

Name:	My export dialogue.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	628  

See "filtering the task outline" in the help command.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
See "filtering the task outline" in the help command.
Excellent, that did it. Have you seen any scripts or tricks to export an .ics file for each staff member, all at once? Thanks so much!

Last edited by MrMuggles; 2008-08-05 at 08:12 PM.. Reason: Need to clarify

If you export as an HTML report, this will include .ics files for each staff member. Then you can just throw away all the html bits you don't need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
If you export as an HTML report, this will include .ics files for each staff member. Then you can just throw away all the html bits you don't need.
I was trying that, but probably messed something up. It works great; thanks guys! Love Omni software.