The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 1.1 Location adding/editing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm brand new to the entire OmniFocus, so I'm trying to get use to the entire environment, but I can't seem to find where to add/edit locations in OmniFocuse. I can do it on my iPhone, but that ends up getting tedious for all the locations I need to add.

I'm just wondering if I can do in 1.1 currently, or if it on a feature request list of some kind?

By location, I presume you mean context? On your Mac, you can add new contexts in Context mode: click the + at the bottom of the left-hand pane.

More like the location of where I need to do the task (GPS/address).

The iPhone app can give you tasks that you can do near you based on your current location, if you specify where those tasks need to be done. So I'd like to fill all this out in OmniFocus, and not in the iPhone app.

For the moment I think you can only define the actual locations of a context from within the phone. I suppose in the future you could enter GPS coordinates or an address in the context inspector window in the desktop app. That would be cool :)

Darn that's what I thought, oh well when I'm out at those locations I'll just grab the GPS cord's while I'm there. It will take longer for me to flesh out, but it's less work that way.

You can also enter an address for the context or search for a business and the app will figure out the coordinates for you, but again only in the phone so far as I can see.