The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Use "Send to inbox" with Mail Act-on Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

Is it possible to call "Send to inbox" action from Services menu in Mail.app (Leopard) rule? I usually have a Mail Act-on rule that moves a message to some "inbox" and than archives it in a mail folder. Would be great to use OF "Send to inbox" action in the same way, but I can't figure out how to call it...

Thanks
Ksenia.

"Act-On: s | Send to OmniFocus"

use a copy of the script which is inside the OF app wrapper under Resources/Sample Scripts

~/Library/Scripts/Applications/Mail/Send to OmniFocus.scpt

What am I doing wrong? I copied the "Send to OmniFocus" script to my Mail scripts folder. In Mail, I click on a message and then select the above-named scripts. My screen dims for a second as if something is being processed. However, nothing appears in my OF inbox.
Thoughts?
Thanks

hmmm. not working for me either.
What does work is ~/Library/Scripts/Applications/Mail/Add OmniFocus Action.scpt
which is authored by Curt Clifton. I'm not sure why the OF version does not work but hope it does soon.

Thanks for directing me to Curt's scripts. They're great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb View Post
hmmm. not working for me either.
What does work is ~/Library/Scripts/Applications/Mail/Add OmniFocus Action.scpt
which is authored by Curt Clifton. I'm not sure why the OF version does not work but hope it does soon.
I'm just getting started with OmniFocus; where would I find the script you mention here?

Thanks,

Bob P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longterm View Post
I'm just getting started with OmniFocus; where would I find the script you mention here?
Downloadable from here.