The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Tracking Budgets – Time sheets/Invoices Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I've been trying to rack my brain all weekend to figure out what project management software I should get. I'm really leaning towards OmniPlan, because I really like the interface and thinking behind OmniFocus, and OmniOutliner and can see using them, not to mention the Kinkless connection. However, from what I've seen OmniPlan doesn't seem to have much in the way of tracking over all budgets and time sheets.

I really need to be able to see progress on budgets and preferably indicate if portions have been invoiced etc.

Also is there a way of importing employee time sheets and checking them against the project diagram or calendar.

Am I missing something, please advise.

Thanks,
RMJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmj619 View Post
Hello,

I've been trying to rack my brain all weekend to figure out what project management software I should get. I'm really leaning towards OmniPlan, because I really like the interface and thinking behind OmniFocus, and OmniOutliner and can see using them, not to mention the Kinkless connection. However, from what I've seen OmniPlan doesn't seem to have much in the way of tracking over all budgets and time sheets.

I really need to be able to see progress on budgets and preferably indicate if portions have been invoiced etc.

Also is there a way of importing employee time sheets and checking them against the project diagram or calendar.

Am I missing something, please advise.

Thanks,
RMJ
You're not missing anything RMJ, we don't have much in terms of budget tracking features and we can't import employee time sheets to check them against calendars and gantt charts.

Some of our users have requested these features in the past so I'll add your comments to our database for consideration. Thanks rmj619!