The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SP12: Favicons Broken (Again!) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Things were running smoothly for me on the favicons front for the past few releases, but with SP12, I've once again started losing the icons after visiting the sites in my favorites bar. So I tried flushing the cache and starting my icon cache over again (I just love being a beta tester sometimes! ;)), but that has not resolved the problem.

Strangely, there's just ONE site where the favicon did indeed work properly – the .Mac welcome page! Very strange.

Update: Since I posted this, I'm still having problems. Strangely, I'm now getting SOME favicons to appear (this started after I restarted my computer), though some refuse to show any icon at all, and others are sticking with the new default blue globe (instead of the purple bookmark). It's a bit frustrating!

This is a known issue. The problem here is that OmniWeb ocasionally caches the WebKit default favicon instead of the sites proper icon. Once this happens OmniWeb thinks the site has a blue globe favicon (since it gets listed as such in the favicons cache) and it happily retrieves this instead of using the OmniWeb purple bookmark or the appropriate site icon.

I don't have a reliable way to get rid of this but you might try quitting 5.5 then launch 5.1.3, flush cache, quit and reload OmniWeb 5.5 again.

Might work might not, some other voodoo combination may do the trick. We're looking into this.