The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Use <%canvas%> variable to point to a different canvas? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I want to use the <%canvas%> variable to point to a specific canvas other than the current one.

Is that possible?

The question's been asked before on these forums, but I couldn't find a response.

Thanks!

I don't think you can. Some of the variables accept arguments (like date formatting) but <%Canvas%> doesn't seem to. I could be missing something, I never tried it before I saw your question :)

Workarounds if you really only want to show the same text on several different canvasses without having to edit it everywhere separately (which seems to be what the original question you linked is about):

1.) Standard or Pro: Put the text you want to show in one of the info fields like Subject or Description in the Document: Data inspector, and use <%Subject%> or <%Description%> to display it etc.

2.) Pro only: Use a shared layer with the text, and apply it to all canvasses where it should show.

Hmm, yep, that's what I suspected.

Thanks for the reply!