The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to mix shared vs. dedicated HC across tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a resource (person) that will start out shared between two tasks 50/50. I understand that this extends each effort out 2x for that person and they'll be listed as 50% on each. I have no problem setting this up in OmniPlan.

But, how do I track that person changing to full time on the second of the two projects when the first one completes? If I set the person at 50% on both, he'll still be constrained to 50% even when the first project ends and he should jump to 100%.

Specifically, how do I manage resource C, below?

I could split the task into slices, but then that complicates assigning other resources. I'd prefer it if I could tell Omniplan whether to prefer to share a resource across projects, or to serialize their efforts by prioritizing a project.