The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Alarms? [A: Yes, if Growl is installed.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Excuse my ignorance as I am a very new GTD person having always been a Franklin Planner person. The GTD method and OF appeal to me very much and I love OF as well as OO. My question is this - is there a way or will there be a way in the future to set alarms? Maybe this is contradictory to the "GTD way" but, I'm an alarm person and would love to see this feature in the future.

Thank you.

The short answer is to get Growl - OF supports that. Do a search on Growl for further help.

Look for the topic "Using Growl to trigger Reminders" as one example.

I'd say this is contradictory to GTD. If you have an event that requires an alarm, that means that it is taking place on a specific day with or without a specific time. Those events should go into calendars.

Anything else should be caught in your daily or weekly reviews. I set my important projects to have daily reviews ,others weekly or monthly.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvonk View Post
The short answer is to get Growl - OF supports that. Do a search on Growl for further help.

Look for the topic "Using Growl to trigger Reminders" as one example.
Are you kidding me? What a perfect solution, thank you!

I also appreciate this tip. Thank you.

its this thread:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...ghlight=Alarms

and I added [Alarms] to the title to aid in searching.