The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Does Only the Important Stuff Go into OmniFocus?...Or EVERYTHING? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I've recently trimmed the fat and deleted many projects that have become habits. Such projects include, flossing, checking my weight, inputting my daily nutritional intake, jogging six miles, etc....

I like that many of these things have become habits. I've noticed my system has molded to now include only things that are pressing I. The sense of having to do it no matter what. Such things include typing up an essay, reading certain journals, etc.

The dilemma is that in my thoughts I'm thinking that I now have two different buckets with things to do. One being the OmniFocus system, and the other being the habits I'm trusting my brain to now just automatically do.

It's an infesting situation, but admittedly am realizing that I've placed too much importance with my gtd OmniFocus system the past few years and it's time to appreciate what truly is important to me... And that means taking it easy, meanwhile being productive.

It's an interesting journey.