The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Email action, PDF attachments, Note Search: Missing features? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
For the past couple of months, I've been using a combination of Toodledo, Evernote, and Appigo's Todo to organize my projects, voice memos, files, etc.

Like others looking for a single GTD app that does it all, I was eagerly awaiting Omnifocus for iPad. I cringed at the price (I already own the Mac AND iphone version) but purchased it the first day out of hope.

All I can say is that, for the price tag, it sure is missing a lot. After so much hype and such a long wait ..... there a quite a few $5 applications out there far more powerful.

So I can live with no longer being able to email an action or a file to my to do list (as I can with ToDo and Evernote). And I can live without tags (as has Evernote, Todo, an a number of other GTD type apps). Omnifocus desktop never had these features either. And I can live without being able to email checklists and action items to others from the application. But the deal breaker for me is the search capability.

The search function can only find text in the main body of a task and can't even find text in a note? (The desktop version CAN). So now I'm supposed to never put anything I would want to search for in a note and move anything important from my notes into the main body of an action item?

Please DON'T give the iPad operating system excuse. ToDo and Evernote both allow you to search everywhere including notes and a less related but excellent application - iAnnotate, even allows you to search through entire libraries of PDF attachments for text.

Please instead tell me I'm doing something wrong and need to change a setting or something. Tell me that the search function can actually search.