The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Assign color to Subscribed Calendar? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi FatalError,

I find most of Apple's Apps to be less than stellar (the laughable MobileMe Gallery App anyone?) and I have, over the years, gradually replaced them.

iCal is, in my humble opinion, rubbish, but I've been too lazy to seek out a replacement (same reason that my MobileMe subscription gets paid by default!). A replacement for iCal (and/or OmniFocus) that a couple of Members are discussing is Pocket Informant. I intend to give it a try in the next few days. See this link, this thread and also this thread for further info.

I believe there is currently a challenge in the EU over Apple's vicious stranglehold on the sale of Apps and their equally spiteful lock out of developers to parts of iOS. I imagine that eventually Apple will be forced to relinquish their position, in the same way that Microsoft was finally brought to heel when Brussels fined them a record $1.4bn with the additional threat of a continuing $5m a day fine until they complied. Here's hoping that Apple suffers the same fate!

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2010-07-12 at 12:17 PM..

We're getting pretty far afield of the topic of the thread at this point. If you want to continue it, that's fine, but please move it to the Lounge rather than the support forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
We're getting pretty far afield of the topic of the thread at this point. If you want to continue it, that's fine, but please move it to the Lounge rather than the support forums.
Sorry Brian, didn't mean to start ranting off topic It's just that crApple's control freakery has put them at the top of my s**t-list this month. I installed iOS4 on my 3g, 'nuf said... !

Quote:
Originally Posted by endoftheQ View Post
I installed iOS4 on my 3g, 'nuf said... !
Same here-big mistake. I'm going to wait to see if a 4.01 update improves things. If not, I'm going to roll back to 3.x or just get a new phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
Same here-big mistake. I'm going to wait to see if a 4.01 update improves things. If not, I'm going to roll back to 3.x or just get a new phone.
I've responded here, crApple's control freakery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
The sequence that colors are assigned is: Red, Orange, Blue, Green, Purple, then repeat Red... I cycled through until I got the purple for OmniFocus reminders.
Thanks for this the sequence info that is great.