The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

today/soon/this week Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
You can fake multi-context (calls > brain dead, mac > brain dead, snail mail > brain dead)
Yeah, if I want to have a contexts list that's 80 items long.... Not worth it to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhm2006 View Post
That question is best answered by describing the three types of projects/lists. I am leaving out action groups for simplicity, but they behave essentially the same way.

-snip-

3. Single Actions List - All actions are "next" because the actions are independent of one another. There is no logical sequence in which they should be performed.
I have created a parallel action group in a sequential project named "Purchases" that has several items that I would like all to be labeled as Next Actions. The idea being that I have several items to buy before moving on with the project.

"Purchases" is the first action item(a parallel action group) in my sequential project, but only the first item to purchase is showing as a next action. A few items will be purchased "online" and shown in that context will others are in my "Errands" context. I'd like them all to show as next actions in my context view.

Am I missing something, or is it just not possible at this time?

A project in OF can have only a single Next Action. The remaining actions within your parallel action group will show up as Available Actions. This was debated at length in another thread last summer. If all of those actions were Next Actions, then Available Actions would not be any different than Next Actions.

Personally, I tend to operate from a perspective showing Available Actions. If I'm too scatterbrained to choose from that list, I'll switch to Next Actions to get a more focused list.

Curt

A lot I'd want from a Today flag could be covered by being able to enter ASAP into the due date and NOT have it convert into a date but remain ASAP

I could then filter by due date, and the ASAPs would always be top of the list

I'm pretty sure that something like this could be added really easily and would give me what I want with minimal change to the way I work with Omnifocus

Apologies if this has already been suggested, it's a long thread and I may have missed it :D

Is this the best place to post? I followed it from the FAQ but that last post prior to this seems a -long- time ago :D