The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How about a break on Iphone version Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey guys... I like the mac application but want to use it on my iphone also. $19.99 seems a bit steep since I already purchased the main application. How about a break for those folks who have already purchased the mac version... better yet, add it to the application cost overall and do a bundle

It would be hard (if not impossible) for them to do a bundle because of the way the App Store currently works. And I think $19.99 only seems steep in comparison to current (insane) App Store pricing. Think instead of the productivity gain you'll get and it's totally worth it.

I bought 3 apps on day one back in July 2008: OmniFocus, SplashShopper & Super Monkey Ball. The other two apps were a waste of money; OmniFocus has proved to be worth at least twice what I paid for it.

Maybe it's because I came from the land of Palm, where the app I USED to live out of (DateBk5) was $25 (and worth every penny), but I just don't see this as overpriced for what you get. Unless $20 is your total discretionary budget for the month, I don't think you'll be disappointed. But YMMV.

If spending $19.99 on the OmniFocus app increased my productivity by a magnitude of ten or one hundred, it was worth it.

I have a few apps on my iPod touch. Most of it is for my daughter. By far, OmniFocus and Air Sharing are my most accessed apps (with the exception of the built-in video and music app).

Yes, I wished there was some discount for a desktop application with an iPhone app but that's the way the ball bounces. This one is out of OmniGroup's hands. It has everything to do with the way the app store is set up.

But the intangible benefits of the OmniFocus app has more than paid itself at least a hundred times over the $19.99 price. OmniFocus for the iPod was the only reason why I got an iPod touch. But Madden 10 is a close second ;-)

I have to agree here! I think $20 for the App is fine.

Of course - who wouldn't want to get the OF iPhone app for free?! But if I look at the amount of times I use this in relation to it's cost, it completely justifies the price point. For me OF iPhone is right up there in terms of usage next to email, phoning, SMS and maps. And don't forget: All the updates (so far) have been for free, with a lot of work going into each one!

It may sound wise from a marketing perspective to create a bundle, to encourage users of either version to buy the other as well, but I guess most users who have a Mac would buy both the Mac & iPhone version anyway - so why 'lose' money here...

I would only appreciate if the Omni-people could shift their focus to the Mac side again. They've been doing great work on the iPhone App - I would love to finally see 1.8 or even 2.0 for the Mac with tagging.

I'm just so glad the iPad will pretty much be able to use the iPhone version of OF (curious to see how that will look with the resolution). Otherwise Omni might have had to employ another developer to keep things timely :P

Ciao, Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefromoz View Post
I like the mac application but want to use it on my iphone also. ... How about a break for those folks who have already purchased the mac version
In economic terms, this is a proposal that OF users who do not have iPhones should subsidize those who do ...

(absorbing the costs of iPhone development into the price of the mac product, or diluting the resources available to Omni for mac development)

This suggests a concept of distributive justice which is certainly understandable and interesting, but may appeal more to bankers in crisis than to ordinary taxpayers living by the monthly pay-check :-)

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2010-01-29 at 03:23 AM..