The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

multiple connections between same two shapes overlap Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm using OmniGraffle Pro to create UML class diagrams, and it's quite common to have multiple connections between the same two shapes, e.g. for two different associations between the same two classes.

By default, when I make two connections between the same two class shapes, the connections layout right on top of each other. I know about how to add magnets to the shapes manually, but since I'm using the automatic layout capabilities of OGP, I don't want to have the connection lines attached as specific places. I often need to switch my diagrams from vertical to horizontal layout, for example, as I expand the design and add more classes.

Is there a way to make the layout for multiple connections between the same two shapes work better? Maybe by setting a property on the connection lines that make them repel each other or some other feature I've missed?

Thanks!
Dustin

Last edited by Frayzhe; 2012-10-28 at 08:58 PM..