The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Easy way to make line junctions "hop" over/under? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi folks,

I am doing a wiring diagram.

Normally, when drawing by hand, where one wire passes over another wire there is a little curved hop in the uppermost wire to make it clear which wire is which. Without this there is no easy way to tell what is happening with the wires at the point of cross-over. Do they join? Which one goes where? Etc. With the little curved "hop" or bridge (not sure what to call it) it is very clear that each wire is separate and which one goes where.

Is there an easy way to do this in OG?

Hi again! You can make a line "hop" by selecting the line and adjusting the "Line Hops" property in the Lines and Shapes tab of the Style inspector. Hope that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_s View Post
Hi again! You can make a line "hop" by selecting the line and adjusting the "Line Hops" property in the Lines and Shapes tab of the Style inspector. Hope that helps!
Beautiful. Thanks Steve. That's exactly the feature I was hoping I'd failed to see. Perfect!