The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prefs in google not being saved. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have noticed that if I us Google I must always return to the prefs to change them. I set them to display 100 items and no filtering and display in English. Hit the save button....it does but if I quit or shut down and go back to use Google no settings are saved. Is this normal behaviour. I have started using Devonagent as prime search agent and WOW is all I can say.

In your Security Preference pane do you have cookies set to discard when you quit? It sounds like your cookies are disappearing between sessions. You also might want to check your site preferences for google as well.

It's a JS scripting issue--google doesn't use cookies to store your gmail prefs, AFAIK. Omniweb isn't comitting the save.

Use your per-site "spoofing" to set your user agent to safari, that should help. Google tries to use full JS scripting on omniweb, which doesn't quite work all the way. (Set your user agent to firefox in gmail and you'll really see some weirdness!)

After Installing 10.4.11 I have noticed this problem now as well in the exact situation as the OP. Google definitely uses a cookie for these preferences and the cookie is called "PREF".

I previously had Safari 3 beta. At some point in OW i noticed some bugged out text entry field cursor behavior which i have yet to have resolved. iCab was recently announced the other day so i downloaded it an paid for it (its that good). I noticed also iCab had the same bugged out problems with text fields as OW has. The iCab website said this may be due to the Safari 3 beta installed an to update to 10.4.11 which is meant to clean out all the old beta files. I did this and this resolved the issue in iCab tho OW still has some infrequent issues. I noticed however iCab can use "System Cookies" or it own cookie storage. Perhaps ths is part of the problem. But i managed to delete all cookies in every webkit browser and the cookies file in the library folder and im still having the problem in all my webkit browsers OW and iCab but not Safari with Google.

Not sure what exactly is the issue.

I just notice now Firefox 3 beta 2 has the same problem. Must have been something google changed coinciding with my OS upgrade an new browser addition.