The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Importing a Shape Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am trying to import a keyhole shape that has been created in the application LineForm. I have exported the keyhole shape both as an eps and as a PDF file and both can be dropped onto the OmniGraffle document and displayed. The problem I am having is that although the keyhole is displayed if I try to apply a fill then the rectangle that contains the keyhole shape is filled as well as the keyhole its self. In other words the imported graphic is a rectangle with a keyhole drawn on it. Is there a method of importing a shape so that it behaves like the default shapes?

Many thanks

Simon

If you have OmniGraffle Professional you can try directly opening the PDF as opposed to dropping it onto a canvas -- That should bring it in as a fillable, strokable shape.

Thanks, it works. I wonder why the drag and drop does not do the same.

Simon

Drag and drop simply places it as an image, which is pretty common.

Hmmm, it might be "common" but is it correct? One source file gives two different results plus no warnings which seems odd to me. I expected the drag and drop operation to perform the full file import which seems, as an ex RISCOS user, quite logical.

Simon

Wow, I'm as befuddled as Simon. I never knew about this difference, nor expected it. Of course, now that I know I can adjust.

I may be wrong, but I don't remember seeing anything about this difference highlighted in the manual. I either have a bad memory (possible) or at the very least the manual should not only tell us of this difference, but really emphasize it.