The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How can I set Transparancy on background for a PNG image export? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I created a Canvas with a simple image that I would like to export as a PNG and use as an icon for an application.

The page background for the exported image was initially glaring white (fine, the default). I set the background to a gray that is better, but would prefer that the page background be transparent.

When I click the page properties (where I set the background color to the gray), I hoped that I could set the opacity of the page. The opacity seems only to apply to the gray coloring, however. When I set the page properties to gray but zero opacity, the exported PNG shows as having a white background.

There's likely a solution to my problem that I just don't see. Does anybody have any suggestions on making the page for an exported PNG transparent as opposed to opaque/colored?

Thanks in advance for any help!

There's a checkbox in the export dialog for transparent background, it's at the bottom of the sheet that pops down that lets you choose what file format you'd like to export as.

Hope that helps,

Wow, thanks. Yup, the option was simply staring me in the face. Thanks for the fast response.