The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Brainstorming - Lines Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi
I am trying to use the Brainstorming/lines option to create a family tree. Is there any way to reverse the ordering (ie instead of a descending tree from a common point - very handy for brainstorming and nesting ideas -, can I start at the 'bottom' and move upwards)?

Or should I be doing something completely different to create a family tree? I would prefer not to have to create each entry individually, then arrange/align the 'people', link them, etc - that's one of the beauties of using the brainstorming approach - it is all nice and automatic and quick.

And if there is something different, can I then incorporate standard genogram symbology? Does anyone know if there is a stencil (or something) already out that which would work for genograms?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyqballoon View Post
Hi
I am trying to use the Brainstorming/lines option to create a family tree.
Hi!

I am also currently trying to do a very simple family tree, which should look like this in the end:

Code:
Picture ----- Picture
          |
          |
  ------------------
  |                |
 Picture        Picture ----- Picture
                          |
                          |
                       Picture
I can't find a nice and simple way to have the relationships links done automatically.

Right now, I have to draw all the lines manually, which is not doable for a more complex diagram.

Did you find something on your side?
Do anyone have some tips for me?