The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to create a "Capture to inbox" icon Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurobubba View Post
Sorry for the stupid question, but what's the "share" icon? (iPhone, iOS 5.0.1)
No such thing as a stupid question :) Picture's worth a thousand words!

Last edited by pastorhudson; 2012-01-21 at 10:37 AM..

This is excellent. Thank you for your efforts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastorhudson View Post
I tried it last night. Before finding the code workaround. The Icon Project did NOT work :( It somehow drops the : in omnifocus:///add?note so your browser doesn't load correctly.
Wow -- thanks for posting your experience and saving me the headache!

Thanks. I keep OF in my bottom task bar and just open it directly as needed. So I decided even so that I prefer not to have yet another icon on my screen.

--
JJW

Another vote of thanks for this very useful tool. I've never used the quick entry mode of omnifocus, but the ability to access it via a button on the home screen makes it very useful indeed.

The Launch Centre app can fire these URLs too, and has OmniFocus support built in. Not as direct as a desktop shortcut, but does work without internet access.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/launc...6436?mt=8&ls=1

It's an iPhone app, but does work on the iPad - unfortunately the orientation is portrait only (which I rarely use on the iPad).

Last edited by psidnell; 2012-02-06 at 02:30 AM.. Reason: Can't think or type this morning

pastorhudson,

thank you for the shortcut! I am new to iPhone & OF, all of about a week for both. Have been struggling with getting stuff into the inbox QUICKLY and nothing seemed to work reliably, but this shortcut is just the thing. Amazing how useful it has become. Thank you!

I'm gonna try that one out today.

I'm still in the initial stages of checking and looking for great apps for my iphone and this is something I am very interested with.

The link no longer appears to work

The hosting site seems to be down.

Please come back! :)