The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > General > Forums Feedback
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

can the spammers forum get cut from the RSS feed? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I presume there's some good reason that I don't understand why there's a forum for spammers.

However, I'd very much like it if the feeds from the spammer forum could be excluded from the RSS feed for the forums.

Possible?

We've got the "here there be spammers" thread there because particularly-dumb spammers just stick their message in the first thread. We're obviously not able to catch the not-as-dumb (no spammers are smart) ones, but at the very least, we can assume that thread is less attractive to our legitimate users.

I poked about in vBulletin's options, and all I see is the ability to turn RSS feeds on/off globally; I don't see the option to turn it off selectively for a given forum, unfortunately.

If someone out there with more vBulletin-Fu than I knows differently, though, I'm certainly open to it. I'll also check in on this later this week. We're going to upgrade the version of the forum software we're running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luomat View Post
I'd very much like it if the feeds from the spammer forum could be excluded from the RSS feed for the forums.

Possible?
Well I've created a separate feed for each of the individual forums here, so you can subscribe to the ones you want. Does that help?