The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Quick enter new project? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just got the sneaky peak invitation less than one hour ago, and I have to say I am delighted with it! It's much more than I had imagined, even after watching both screencasts carefully (and sometimes pausing it to take a closer look at some of the menu options etc :)

However: to me, the quick entry box should be designed to accept not just actions, but also projects. Very often, what I want to enter there is not a next action... it's a project that I know I will have to think about for some time to figure out next projects. I guess it's doable now with dragging and dropping, but... maybe it can be designed to accept this usage?

Also, I can't seem to find out how to resize columns; not sure if this is a part of the current build or just on the list to be developed.

you should be able to enter a new project from the the cell that says "No Project", just type a project name, and press cmd-return, and you'll get a new project.

Column resizing is still on the list of features that need to be implemented. Stay tuned . . .

Thanks for trying OmniFocus!

Ok, I get it now with the project creation, thanks! Good to hear that we'll have column resizing soon (probably along with start and end date columns as well).

One thing I really hope will happen is to have the project drop-down list for entering task info show the folder hierarchy (as the context list already does). As it is, with hundreds of projects you rarely remember the names of the project enough to use the search functionality. At least... I don't! :D