The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Export to Google Calendar [A: possible, not recommended due to missing gCal feature.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Brian,

If I can close my calendars on Google to the public, and no one can see them, isn't that the same as password protection? I guess I don't understand your hesitation and/or warning. It would really make my "many part time jobs" life easier if this could be accomplished. And, yes, I am more than willing to harangue Google for changes to service and upgrades, but this is often tantamount to shouting in a wind tunnel.

Thanks for your time on this.

Steven

[Edit] I realized that everything I have is secured. My cloud based backup for Omni is password protected and when I try to sync that with Google, there's the problem. So, when I'm moving things around online, it's not really secured, and the whole "Public/Private" issue with Google is a shell game. Got it. Not surprised. I will most definitely file a product request right now. Thanks.

Last edited by Stevenredd8; 2013-02-01 at 08:58 AM.. Reason: New Discovery

I can't seem to get my OmniFocus due dates to show up on Gcal. Everything works properly with iCal, and ports through correctly to Fantistical, which is what I actually use on my Mac and ios. I want to hard due dates in Gcal for two specific purposes: so my wife can see them, and so my daily Google Calendar agenda email contains everything.

In my OmniFocus:Preferences:SyncTab I have "Publish Due reminders as a calandar" checked, and I'm subscribed in iCal, which is why I assume everything else works. It seems like the next step is to copy the ical weblink and subscribe to it in Gcal. This is where it seems to fail, and by fail I mean nothing happens after I subscribe. That address looks like: webcal://MYCALNAME@sync.omnigroup.com/MYCALNAME/OmniFocus-Reminders.ics

Can anyone offer help? Is this even possible? My guess is that what the sync.omnigroup.com service provides only works in iCal, but that's just a shot in the dark.

I recognize the workaround is to make a daily recurring task which just says, "Check Daily Due Calendar," and I'm willing to do that, but I've grown used to starting my day with the auto-generated daily agenda from Gmail, and I'd like for my wife to see my full agenda. She only uses Gcal.

Thanks for any help.

Sorry for the trouble, Dan - I'll move your post to a thread that has the information you're looking for after I post this. Hope this helps!

I have to throw my hat into this ring as well. I'm using OF iPad and would like to see my calendar events with planning tasks but cannot see my Google calendar. I prefer G-Cal since my wife uses a Droid and we can see each others shared calendars.

I use google calendar as well and would love it.

I would definitely get a lot of use out of native syncing of the omnifocus app and my google calendar. It'd be a great asset to an already great, high functioning tool.

It's important to remember that the missing portions here are on Google's side. This is not something we can address on our end.

We export data to a format that Google calendar can read; they just can't read or import that data unless you're willing to make your entire OmniFocus database visible to the entire internet.

Even i wanted to know about this, as this same problem my friends also facing.

The ability to publish on Google Calendar (and even better somehow utilize Google Tasks) would be an incredible help.

Email sent to support.