The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Merge two Graffle Files? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have two separate graffle files:
A.graffle
B.graffle

I would like to merge one into the other. Is there a way to "import"
the canvas(es) from B into the file A?

I tried copying one canvas from B into a new canvas in A, but the
graphics don't fit on the same size page layout in A. Weird. In B the
graphics all fit on Letter Size and in A (Copy in B, Paste in A) it won't fit, too
large.

TIA

-- Sam (aka muondude)

Hi Sam,

You should be able to just open both documents and drag canvases from one sidebar to the other sidebar. Does that work for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Van Hecke View Post
Hi Sam,

You should be able to just open both documents and drag canvases from one sidebar to the other sidebar. Does that work for you?
Bill:

Yes that does work - cool... However...

The size changes. In the original file the graphics all fit on a single Landscape Letter Page, in the new file (the one I dragged and dropped to) it is bigger and is larger than the Landscape Letter Page.

Why would that happen? Is there a way to select all objects on the canvas and have it auto-fit to the single page size/layout?

Thanks.

-- Sam

You can turn on canvas size auto-adjustment in the Canvas: Size Inspector, which may help.

Eureka!

Document Inspector ---> File Format Options --> Checked Use Printer Margins!

That is what was different between the two files/canvases!

Problem Solved!

Thank you!