The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus Alpha vs Various GTD Apps Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm going to add my 2 cents from the Windows and official GTD sanctioned Outlook Add-in camp.

I have a very positive experience switching over to OF - the power features were much needed to be practical IMHO!

I recently found a blog on ZTD (Zen To Done) an evolution of GTD nice site http://zenhabits.net/2007/04/zen-to-...tivity-system/

As a consequence I also found a web based application GTDagenda.com that really helps structure the GTD process at recording time and lets me enter data on either my MAC at home or my PC at work.

I really like the Goals and MIT angle incorporated by ZTD as well as the revision schedule concept incorporated into the product but really enjoy the structure of the data entry screen to record tasks and projects.

I continue to use OF because of the iPhone offline and sync capability. It seemed very unlikely that OF would ever sync with the online ZTD application however the more I looked at GTDagenda.com the more valuable it became and the clearer I saw that an integration of the two would make one of the most powerful productivity environments.

I can prioritize and structure things in gtdagenda.com better than in OG alone and I can access the data from my PC at work or my MAC at home. Looking at the two paradigms it seems to me that it would be very easy to combine the data structures of the two using the sync in OF and create a more comprehensive product that offers better entry and organizing views and a universal access over a browser in addition to the offline capability of iPhone OF.

I wonder if you would consider to partner with them to create a product that would be more accessible and also offer an alternative paradigm to accessing and manipulating the data. It seems like there could be a win-win-win situation.

Its worth a look for sure!

Le