The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Smart Folder script? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I use a single OmniOutliner Pro file to track dozens of projects for work. I have a column with a pull-down list of my employees so I can assign tasks within projects to the appropriate person.

I need to be able to generate a list of these assigned "to-dos" so i can print up a daily task list for each employee that only shows his/her to-dos. A "Smart Folder" would work great for this where I could basically create a folder for each employee that would only show his/her individual tasks. I need to be able to isolate each person's "to-dos" spread throughout my file to one screen. I often sit with each employee to review their portion of our projects. A single folder that isolates his/her projects would be great... particularly if I could click on any one of the isolated lines and have it "jump" me to the correct line within the project. After we talk about that particular item, I would go back to the Smart Folder to find the next item is his/her list of tasks and "jump" there to review. This would allow me to rapidly navigate my sizable file based on a single employees assigned responsibilities within the tree of projects.

A similar need exists for my "high priority" tasks. I have a column called STATUS with a pull-down list of personalized status levels. Those items that need my attention get "high priority". I hate clicking through my projects looking for these "high priority" tasks and a Smart Folder would handle this wonderfully for me. Click on my High Priority Smart Folder, get a list of my High Priority items. Click on any one of the items listed and get "jumped" straight to the appropriate spot within my OmniOutliner file.

SO....

Can anyone point me in the correct direction to create this functionality? Is there a script out there already that accomplishes this?

Thanks,
Clark