The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Forcing Default Fonts? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Greetings, I purchased OmniWeb 5.1 back when it was a beta and it never made it as my browser of choice. Kudos to Omnigroup for a great new version and accepting my previous serial code!

Anyhow, I am trying to set default fonts for all web pages; however, I can't see how to do that without a style sheet. I have set the Custom fonts in the "Appearance" pane; however, sites are allowed to override these.

Any ideas?

Yes, custom fonts will not be overridden. The only way to do this right now is by using a stylesheet (along with the "! important" rule)

Are there any plans to include this option, ideally in Site Preferences? a whole CSS file doesn't seem right, esp. if one is using a stylesheet for ad-blocking, like meself.

I would really like this to be fixed, also. This is my #1 OW feature issue. Many sites embed the styles in the web page, and custom CSS won't override that. Also, editing the OAFontFamilySubstitutions parameter has not ever worked with any version of Omniweb 5. These prefs are ignored. I want to be able to specify that no serif fonts be used ever. This is functionality that was present even in IE5 and Firefox will honor a single default font, also.