The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

online banking login data not saveable Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi everyone,

I'd like to mention that my online banking login data is not saveable with the Sneaky Peeks. This worked and still works fine with the last official OW version (5.1.3) but not with the current SPs... :(

https://direkt.postbank.de/direktpor...on.info.weiter

It's just the upper 2 text fields which can be seen in the attachment.

Thanks
pönn
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bild 2.png
Views:	455
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	42  

Did you test it with WebKit?

Hi,

I don't quite understand. Isn't WebKit included with OW or at least the OS since Safari uses it, too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pönn
I don't quite understand. Isn't WebKit included with OW or at least the OS since Safari uses it, too?
You're supposed to test OW SP against a certain build of WebKit, to see if the bug is inherent in WebKit, or if it's Omni's problem. AS JKT so eloquently put it elsewhere:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkt
In a nutshell:

1. OmniWeb 5.5 is based on WebKit but the version it uses (I assume) will be a part of the OmniWeb package itself.

2. Safari will use the system-wide version of the WebKit framework (I assume)

3. The WebKit application you download is like OmniWeb - its version of WebKit is bundled as part of the application. It looks exactly like Safari when it is running because it is Safari, just using a newer version of WebKit.

Note: You can run all three at once if you want to because they all use independent versions of WebKit.

The confusion stems from the developers of WebKit the framework choosing to call their Nightly builds WebKit as well, even though it is a bundled application.

Now, why do you want to have the WebKit, as the bundled application, that OmniWeb is currently based on?

So that any issues with rendering or other UI bugs can be checked against the WebKit application - if that app suffers the same issue then the bug is in the WebKit framework and needs to be reported to Apple and the WebKit developers. If it is only in OmniWeb then it needs to be reported to OmniGroup. Make sense now?
You can download it HERE

without looking into it too deeply i can say there's a number of sites (including this one) where user and password saving isn't working currently, and your bank may well be one of them. Also, don't hesitate to report bugs to us even if they're WebKit bugs! It's good to be able to have a record of what's wrong, so we can watch for a fix, or even write one & submit it to the WebKit team ourselves!

Hey thanks,

now I get it! And it seems to be WebKit-related since it does not work (I do not get asked to save login data) with it, too. I hope this will get fixed someday, it's really annoying that way... :cool: