The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Context Lists for IT Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I am having trouble coming up with useful context lists.

I am an IT manager, and do nearly everything with my Mac. It involves both working on IT-tech related things (the IT part), as well as typical office management-type things - people, meetings, memos, etc (the manager part).

Currently I think my context lists may be too long and too specific. I have used application-type contexts (GoLive, PhotoShop, FileMaker, PowerSchool, email), thinking that while I am in PhotoShop, I can PhotoShop things from several different projects.

I am this method not very successful for two reasons:
a) it can be hard (psychologically) to work on two different projects at once in PhotoShop - it seems a but splintered or schizo, and
b) Often times a project will involve three different applications
so I am thinking of reducing to a very basic set (Office, Waiting, Home).

It would be useful to see what others are doing (I imagine many in these forums are struggling with the same issues). I know there has been discussion about this issue on the forums in the past, but try searching for "contexts" and see how useful that search result is!

How about a sticky topic on context list suggestions, even if all it did was link to an external reference...