The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mailtags support?? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guern
Two questions: 1. When using mailtags can you set project/context and date before sending it to OF like you can in iGDT?
Not with my current scripts. I haven't been convinced of a reason for duplicating projects, contexts, and due dates in two applications. Wouldn't that violate the principle of minimizing the number of places to look for actions?

Quote:
2. Does anyone know about how MailTags might work w/ OS10.5?
See this thread.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton

If you have MailTags installed, then even without my scripts you can:
  1. select a message in Mail
  2. choose Edit -> Copy Message URL
  3. create an action in OmniFocus
  4. paste the message URL into the note.

Now you can click that URL to open the associated message.
It turns out that only a subset of these Mailtag-enabled URLs are recognised by Omnifocus. Others are not made blue and clickable.

Something like:

is recognized successfully, but others, like

and

message://LYRIS-3853088-212531-2007.07.27-10.30.02--vandyck#gmall.com@email.nationalgallery.org.uk

are not.

Last edited by RobTrew; 2010-12-15 at 03:25 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew
It turns out that only a subset of these Mailtag-enabled URLs are recognised by Omnifocus. Others are not made blue and clickable.
Thanks for pointing that out. Please don't forget to Send Feedback to Omni on that.

Curt

I know this is off-topic, but I thought somebody using Mail Act-On might be able to help me. Could someone post a screen shot of the "Act-On Stop Rule" that Mail Act-On is supposed to install automatically? No matter how many times I install Mail Act-On, that rule doesn't get added to my rules. And no matter how many times I check or uncheck "Check for Act-On Stop Rule at Launch," Mail Act-On never checks for that stop rule at launch.

I wrote to the developer about this but never received a response.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony
I know this is off-topic, but I thought somebody using Mail Act-On might be able to help me. Could someone post a screen shot of the "Act-On Stop Rule" that Mail Act-On is supposed to install automatically? No matter how many times I install Mail Act-On, that rule doesn't get added to my rules. And no matter how many times I check or uncheck "Check for Act-On Stop Rule at Launch," Mail Act-On never checks for that stop rule at launch.
Description: |Act-On: Stop Processing Receive Rules|
If |any| of the following conditions are met:
|Every Message|
Perform the following actions:
|Stop evaluating rules|

Thanks! I figured it had to be something simple like that, but I didn't want to tempt Fate.

Somehow it seems that the transfer between mailtags sometimes mixes up the emails and the highlighted text that I want to send over to OF. So I get the heading of the "new" email but as attachment the text i have highlighted the last time I wanted to send an email over to the OF inbox...
Thanks for your help in advance!!!
Cheers
franzef

The "selected text" inclusion mode is just flakey. I'm planning to remove it as the default in the next release of the scripts. In the meantime, I recommend changing the textInclusionMode to fullContent. The instructions provide more details on how to do so.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
The "selected text" inclusion mode is just flakey. I'm planning to remove it as the default in the next release of the scripts. In the meantime, I recommend changing the textInclusionMode to fullContent. The instructions provide more details on how to do so.
Works flawlessly now, thanks!
I am looking forward to test-driving you next script versions!
Keep up the good work! :)
Cheers
franzef