The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Data Detectors in Omnifocus? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi,

I saw a tip (hack) recently (I think it was the latest issue of Macworld) where you could work some terminal magic and turn on data detectors for ichat like you have in mail. Is something like this possible for Omnifocus and, if so, what is the command in terminal to implement this? Could data detector be included in the next version of Omnifocus?

Here's my thinking: It would be great to be able to be working in Omnifocus, see that a task needs to be done at or by a certain time or certain date, and immediately create an ical event for it, per GTD canon that says that those things go on your calendar.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Wayne