The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 1.5.2 for iPhone is now available! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by binduwavell View Post
Forgive me for being dense, but how do we set this up?
Um, yeah so about 2 minutes after posting this I found the answer. There is a setting in the in app settings page for OF that indicates that calendar sync is off, you turn it on a kerblam it walks you through a couple simple steps and syncing is working...

Thanks Greg, that worked perfectly.

Any way to subscribe to the calendar in iCal? Or is that not supported...

Figured it out to see it in iCal:

Added a subscription in ical to:
webcal://url-of-your-webdav-server/webdav/DueSoon.ics

Updated every 15 minutes (or whatever you want).

Now it's in iCal, and I can track my tasks with due dates. Can't wait to investigate more!!

-Chris

The iCal events even have the proper URL link to open the task in OmniFocus on the desktop. Good stuff.

Testing.

The new feature of alarms doesn't works with the due date, I'm trying with the start date. Let's see.

I's so happy with this software. Amazing. Thank's OG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinfu View Post
The new feature of alarms doesn't works with the due date, I'm trying with the start date.
I believe it only works with the due date and time. I expect something is amiss with your setup if alarms are not working for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
I believe it only works with the due date and time. I expect something is amiss with your setup if alarms are not working for you.
Sorry IT'S WORKS WITH DUE DATES, WITH START DATES AND BOTH.

AMAZING!

I love the new feature that subscribes my Calendar with my Omnifocus tasks. But is it possible for me to get the link so I can subscribe to this same calendar on iCal on my Mac? Thanks.

Nevermind, I read a few pages of this and just guessed that no one had wondered this. I found the answer. Thanks!

P.S. Can you maybe change the alarm times (to allow the alarm to be hours before the due date, instead of only an hour)? I'd like to be able to get notifications the night before, since I use this program mainly for school assignments.

Last edited by cshumate; 2009-07-22 at 02:50 PM..

If you want to avoid authentication on MobileMe, you can simply share the file from the web interface: you will obtain an ad hoc URL in the form of:
files.me.com/username/sharing_name
You can then subscribe to this URL without authentication. In theory anybody could subscribe to your calendar, but the sharing_name is a random string, so there is little chance anybody will get to it, unless you tell them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
It shows up as a 0-second event at the due date in a separate, read-only calendar. (In iCal, you can choose to view that calendar or not.)

It will be interesting if this helps you with that problem, but I should probably be clear that that's not really the problem we're trying to solve: we're simply trying to offer due date reminders which can pop up when OmniFocus isn't running.
So is it safe to assume that until the next update for OF for the Mac that an item created on the Mac will not add an event to the hidden calendar, and therefore an alert from the phone won't happen? I'm guessing that until the next update an item created on the phone will have an alert while an item created on the Mac and synced to the phone will not. Right or wrong?