The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10.6.1 update and Mail Clipping Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ditto, same for me (the "not working" part). Installed 118695 version of 1.7.4 s.p.

Did you reinstall the Clip-O-Tron using the 1.7.4 sneaky peek?

How exactly is it failing? When you Control-Click on a message in Mail, do you see "OmniFocus: Send to Inbox" as an option near the bottom of the contextual menu?

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the clipper. Now, it does work from the contextual menu, but the command key combination does not work.

Same issue here, have uninstalled/reinstalled clipper, and also tried using the "Reset" option within the Clipping Prefs panel, but no luck. Context menu works, keyboard shortcut doesn't.

If you see the option in the contextual menu, that means the Clip-O-Tron plug-in is working again. (The Clip-O-Tron just ensures that the service is available in Mail; it doesn't have anything to do with the service's keyboard shortcut.)

10.6 doesn't support some keyboard shortcuts that used to work under 10.5, so it's possible that the issue is just that you need to choose a different shortcut. (I use Shift-Command-Comma, which works fine in 10.6.)

But people have also encountered keyboard shortcut issues in 10.6 that were solved by following advice from Apple Store Geniuses. (Check that thread for details.)

I had the same problem (keyboard shortcut not working). After I highlighted some text in an email, then activated the shortcut from the Services menu (letting it work). The keyboard shortcut started working....

Randy

Re Menza's post, I also have release 118695 and it doesn't seem to be working. I'm willing to admit the problem is mine, but…. :-)

Keith

Clipping works for me when highlighting text, but it doesn't work with an e-mail message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlester View Post
Clipping works for me when highlighting text, but it doesn't work with an e-mail message.
It sounds like you need to install the Clip-O-Tron, which you can do in Clippings Preferences. (If you're on Snow Leopard 10.6.1, you'll need to install the version from the latest OmniFocus 1.7.4 sneaky peek, as mentioned above. Once you've done that, though, you can return to the stable 1.7.3 release.)

Just a small note: 1.7.4 sneaky peek 118772 seems to work with Mail coming with Snow Leopard 10.6.1.
  • Quit OmniFocus and Mail
  • Install the OmniFocus Sneaky Peak version
  • Start OmniFocus and install the Clip-o-tron bundle
  • Start Mail again

It shouldn't complain now.