The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Looking for some support on feature request Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm hoping others can chime in on a feature request. Currently when you add a start/end time for a task, the date/time will default to 5:00pm. I would like to have the ability to modify the default insert time for start/end dates for a task.

Anyone else want this too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason.verly View Post
I'm hoping others can chime in on a feature request. Currently when you add a start/end time for a task, the date/time will default to 5:00pm. I would like to have the ability to modify the default insert time for start/end dates for a task.

In fact this has been something I've noticed like the fact that it defaults to tomorrow when I often have tasks that I'd like to complete today. It would be better to default to today as this is e earliest completion! Anyway, being fully user customisable would give users the ability to satisfy their own process and use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason.verly View Post

This value gets synced from the Mac OmniFocus settings. If you don't have the Mac app, you can set it via clicking on a URL like this:

omnifocus:///change-setting?DefaultDueTime=22:00

Wait a minute. I expected this would be one of the special

http://people.omnigroup.com/kc/DebugOmniFocus

pages. It's not.

Is there a listing of the universe of these settings and their possible values?

It's a veritable invisible configuration GOLD MINE for us Touch-only OF users!!!

(oh just let me dream.)

Last edited by aliteralmind; 2010-10-18 at 09:14 PM..

Well, one of my projects is to compile such a list, but it doesn't have a big purple checkmark yet :)

Thanks @whpalmer4 for the tip. I'll also raise my hand in saying I am anxiously awaiting a full list like the one you described. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
In fact this has been something I've noticed like the fact that it defaults to tomorrow when I often have tasks that I'd like to complete today. It would be better to default to today as this is e earliest completion!
In OmniFocus for iPad 1.1, tapping the Due button will set the due date to Today @ 5 PM (or your preferred due time), then show the date picker so that you can adjust it if necessary.

Tapping +1 Day starts you off at Tomorrow @ 5 PM (or your preferred due time.)

—Jim