The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iDisk/MobileMe/.Mac Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

1.1 OF iDisk Sync Broken Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
whpalmer4: If the script fixed it, then the attachments were still sort of associated with actions, and deleting them directly would have caused corruption.
I was a bit unclear, I admit. I didn't mean to suggest anyone should slice open their database directly. All I meant to say was that if you are trying to trim down the size of your database by chopping out files that were embedded in action notes, that simply deleting them from the rich text notes wasn't enough to get the space back, that it seems you need to do the script as well to finally reclaim the space.

I am still having issues. My file size is still at 27MB.

I even attempted to move my iDisk file that is synced to another location, started a new clean .ofocus from my new MBP, and then tried syncing it to idisk and it spins for 20 min. and says failed.

Are there other files on iDisk that tool is looking at for sync? My G5 can sync to the 27MB file no problem but the new MBP can't even if I start over.

The only file OmniFocus should be looking at is OmniFocus.ofocus. Make sure both Macs are running the same version of OmniFocus. Make sure their sync settings are exactly the same. (You can email the settings from one machine to the other from the OmniFocus Sync Preferences pane.)

To turn on debug output, copy the following text and paste it into Terminal, and then press return.
Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus XMLFileManagerDebug -bool true
Do that and then run a sync, and let us know what messages you're getting in the console. (Email it to omnifocus@omnigroup.com and then post the ticket number from the auto-response email here in the forum, so I can find it, please.)

Lizard,

I ran debug console and sent the output to in email. The ticket number I received is OG #322639.

I also confirmed that both versions of OF are the same/latest. I also tried the email settings options but it seemed to be identical settings.

Last edited by laner19; 2008-08-02 at 08:28 PM..

OK, I have at least been able to now sync my new MBP with a very minor change but have no idea why it worked.

I simply changed the idisk sycn path from "https" to "http" (removing the "s" for ssl security). The only reason I even tried this was I looked up my idisk setting in SysPref for MobileMe and it had the "s" removed.

I have my G5 on the same network but have the "https" as default and sync works fine.

I don't know what could be wrong on my new MBP that would cause this issue.

My guess would be something with the passwords stored in your Keychain on the G5 and not on the MBP. Are you syncing your Keychains?

Curt

Yes I do sync my keychains. Mainly for 1password.