The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

setting up Omni Sync Server Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I seem to be unable to set up Omni Sync Server - and the Omni Sync Server page is heavily OmniFocus-centric, leading me to wonder if it will in fact work with OmniPlan, even though OmniPlan seems to think it should...

I have an Omni Sync Server account, but I am falling at the hurdle of the server path field in the setup in OmniPlan; I get a 404 error: server path invalid.

Can anyone point me to a setup instruction document, or a server path format Omni Sync Server will accept?

Thanks

Server path is /username/<where you want your stuff>/ so if you have a folder for OmniPlan stuff (a good idea, I think) called OmniPlan Projects, and you chose mhs as your OSS username, you would enter /mhs/OmniPlan Projects/ as your server path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Server path is /username/<where you want your stuff>/ so if you have a folder for OmniPlan stuff (a good idea, I think) called OmniPlan Projects, and you chose mhs as your OSS username, you would enter /mhs/OmniPlan Projects/ as your server path.
I've tried /username/, which should drop it into the root - no go; 404 error.

I've tried /username/OmniFocus.ofocus/, which should drop it into the preexisting OmniFocus folder - no go; 404 error.

I can't see how to create custom folders.

Any other ideas?

Mount the volume from your Mac (in the Finder) by doing Go->Connect to Server..., entering https://sync.omnigroup.com/<username>/ as the server address, and supplying your OSS password. Now you can use the Finder to make folders, move files around, etc.

Are you using sync.omnigroup.com for the server address?

Quote:
Mount the volume from your Mac (in the Finder) by doing Go->Connect to Server..., entering https://sync.omnigroup.com/<username>/ as the server address, and supplying your OSS password. Now you can use the Finder to make folders, move files around, etc.

Are you using sync.omnigroup.com for the server address?
Ah, I never thought of mounting the volume...

OK; now I have a folder called OmniPlan, and Accounts Preferences gives me Account Verified when I set it to this path thank you, whpalmer4).

However... there's always a however...

When I set MobileMe as the OmniPlan server repository, saving writes successfully to MobileMe.

When I set Omni Sync Server as the OmniPlan server repository (all other settings the same), saving does not write to the Omni Sync Server.

I'm not sure what you mean by saving here...but in any case, I've given you what should be a working collection of settings derived from my own. If it isn't working for you, it's possible you might get these issues ironed out more efficiently if you call up the Omni support group and have the interactive debugging conversation over the course of minutes instead of days :-) 1-800-315-OMNI or +1-206-523-4152

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean by saving here...but in any case, I've given you what should be a working collection of settings derived from my own. If it isn't working for you, it's possible you might get these issues ironed out more efficiently if you call up the Omni support group and have the interactive debugging conversation over the course of minutes instead of days :-) 1-800-315-OMNI or +1-206-523-4152
Yeah, fair enough. One of the problems of being in Australia, though, it the time difference...

Thank you for your help, whpalmer4. (Hmm, reading that it looks sarcastic, which it isn't meant to be.)

How can i setup omniplan in my pc.