The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus courses/training now available on Lynda.com Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The fine folks at Lynda.com have just made their OmniFocus Essential Training course available. They've got over three hours of material available, broken up into 5-10 minute chunks. You need a subscription to watch the entire course, but a number of the videos are available for free so you can decide if their approach will help you learn OmniFocus.

Haven't watched all the videos yet, but from browsing the titles, it's some pretty comprehensive coverage. GTD basics, due dates, syncing, perspectives...

For more info, head over to their OmniFocus Essential Training page.

Although I'm not a newbie at OF or GTD, I started going through the tutorial. I've already found a couple places where I can polish my workflow. This is a great resource.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
The fine folks at Lynda.com have just made their OmniFocus Essential Training course available. They've got over three hours of material available, broken up into 5-10 minute chunks. You need a subscription to watch the entire course, but a number of the videos are available for free so you can decide if their approach will help you learn OmniFocus.

Haven't watched all the videos yet, but from browsing the titles, it's some pretty comprehensive coverage. GTD basics, due dates, syncing, perspectives...

For more info, head over to their OmniFocus Essential Training page.
Hi,
I completed the training and have been using OF for about a year. I took a lot away from the training and have made some adjustments to my workflow based on it. I recommend it to new and not so new users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprice33647 View Post
Hi,
I completed the training and have been using OF for about a year. I took a lot away from the training and have made some adjustments to my workflow based on it. I recommend it to new and not so new users.
Thanks for posting. Ironically, when I first read this I went to check it out and thought I should do it. Then I got sidetracked looking at other trainings and never came back to it. It's now in my system to sign up and do this. :)

When I first saw Brian's post on this I took a look and decided to try it out for a month with every intention of dumping the subscription after the first month. I really enjoyed the OF video's (actually learned a lot and picked up some very good tips) so started to try out a few other courses. Now I'm hooked.

I purchased OmniGraffle when I first got my iPad and have been struggling on trying to figure out how to use it. I took the lynda.com course on it and even though it was for the Desktop Pro version I was able to pick up a lot of helpful information. This is a Great resource!

Thanks Brian.