The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Archive gone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I looked up at my Projects list in the Library and noticed my Archive folder was gone. I don't remember any sloppy key strokes or deleting anything. I did a search for something I thought would only be in the archive and it found nothing. Is it really gone? Where would it go? Can I get it back? Any ideas?

Thank you for your assistance.

David

Sorry for the confusion, and happy to be of assistance!

The first thing to do would be select
Perspectives -> All items
from the menu bar. Is the folder in question still missing?

If it appears at this point, the folder wasn't gone, it was just being hidden by whatever settings had previously been chosen under the View menu.

If so, then the next thing I would do would be to check under the File menu and see if the "Open Archive" menu item was active. (If you're syncing between multiple macs, check them all.)

If that menu item is active on any of your machines, your completed actions got moved to a second database on that machine. If you open the archive, is your missing folder in the window that appears?

If neither the "all items" perspective nor a search of the archives turns the folder up, then it sounds like it was deleted. In that case, open up OmniFocus' preferences. In the General pane, you'll see a folder location where the app stores backups of your data. (By default, the location is in an "OmniFocus Backups" folder in your Documents folder.)

Open that folder in the Finder and you can bring up your database backups. If you work backwards, you can locate the most recent backup that has the Archive folder. Drag it from the backup window and drop it into the 'real' database window and you've got everything back.

That help at all?