The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Any way to restrict syncing of items? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I use omnifocus on my computer and my wife uses it on hers. We use the sync feature so we have the same view of todo lists.

But.. I'd like to be able to use omnifocus to plan.. say her birthday, yet still be able to sync up our todo lists, but leave that whole project out of the sync.

Is there a way to do this? I know I can add another user to the mac and deal with it that way. However, just checking to see if anyone knows how to do this without having to use multiple users.

Thanks

No, currently sync syncs everything in the active database. Your only choices that I know of are additional users, or putting the projects you want to hide in the Archive, which doesn't currently get synced. Both of those mean that you won't be able to see the "secret" actions in the same window as the regular stuff. If you've just got a couple of projects to hide, and don't mind checking two windows instead of one, this may not be a big issue. Just do File->Open Archive to open up the archive window, and use OmniFocus as you would normally.

You do have an OmniFocus family pack or a pair of licenses, right? My understanding of the license terms is that a single license would permit you to do what you are doing if you both use the same computer, but not if you use multiple computers. One user, multiple computers, or multiple users, one computer.