The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Changing the time "tomorrow" begins Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
So I have a list of things to do in my morning and evening routine. I set these to repeat one day after completion, so that I can check them off and have them automagically appear in my list the next day. The problem is that I consistently find myself finishing off my evening routine after midnight, and because of this, if I check off items from my routine they won't show up the next night. Is there an option somewhere to change the time that "tomorrow" begins? Or does anyone know of a workaround for this?

It sounds like you want the "Repeat every 1 day" option. Under those conditions, you'll still get the due date you want. Does that help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman85 View Post
So I have a list of things to do in my morning and evening routine. I set these to repeat one day after completion, so that I can check them off and have them automagically appear in my list the next day. The problem is that I consistently find myself finishing off my evening routine after midnight, and because of this, if I check off items from my routine they won't show up the next night. Is there an option somewhere to change the time that "tomorrow" begins? Or does anyone know of a workaround for this?
Won't it work if you set the repeat mode to "Repeat Every" instead of "Due Again"?

The problem with "repeat every" is that if for some reason I don't get to an item(s), then the next day I have double of everything. That's why I like the "start again 1 day after completion" option, I don't get duplicates if I didn't get to it. Does that make sense?

That's when you use the inspector or the Defer script from Dan Byler to bump those "duplicate" actions out one day on the calendar.