The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

All OmniFocus changes from yesterday lost Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been a daily user of OF for almost a year and it's become an indispensable part of my life.

I recommend it to friends whenever possible.

However, today, for the first time, something unreliable happened. My inbox is full of things I already did/categorized yesterday. And all other changes I made yesterday are gone too, including things I added.

This is a very serious problem if OF cannot be relied upon as a "trusted system".

I looked at the backups and there is none that gets back to a place where I left off.

Perhaps this has something to do with the OF sync server. I had been using Idisk and switched to the OF server a couple weeks ago; I had no problems until now. I work with both the Mac and Iphone apps regularly.

Apologies, Danworld! OmniFocus stores individual changes in 'transaction files' which make up a timeline of the things that your copies of the app have done to your database.

It's possible that some sort of file corruption or disk error interrupted that timeline, causing it to look like things rolled back to the last transaction that happened before the corrupt one.

When that happens, the other transactions usually still exist on the disk; OmniFocus just doesn't know how to connect them up with the ones it is able to show you.

We work very hard to make OmniFocus reliable, but corrupt files can still happen and will affect OmniFocus just like any other app that needs to write information to your computer.

In any case, if you call us at 800.315.6664 or send email to urgent@omnigroup.com, we'll do everything we can to get you back up and running. (Quite often, we're able to reconnect those transactions to the rest of your database, but it's something we have to do by hand.)

Ok, so I guess it was just a one time random thing, and it didn't seem to affect all the data already in OF, just the newest data. No big deal.

Thanks.