The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

edit context list? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I entered several contexts on my list by mistake, e.g. I have "context name" 5 times! and "waiting for" twice.
How can I get rid of these entries?

Switch to context mode. Make sure the view bar is showing (View --> Show View Bar). Change the left-hand lozenge in the view bar to show All Contexts. Select the contexts that you wish to delete. (Hold down the command key while clicking to select multiple items if you want.) Press the Minus button below the contexts sidebar.

Curt

Thanks for the quick answer, but I guess I was not clear enough. It's not the actual list of contexts that has multiples, but the drop down list that I see when I assign a context to an action.
Any remedy for that?

The valid set of the drop down is created from your list of contexts that appear in the sidebar in context mode.

-Dennis

Hm, then there must be a glitch, because several of my contexts appear as multiples in the drop down, but there is only one of each in the context list that shows in context mode :(

I can reproduce your problem by creating the same context multiple times. If you set the Sidebar filter to Active Contexts, possibly only 1 copy will show up in Context mode, but if you set it to Remaining Contexts, you should see all of them (or that was my experience, at least). If you don't actually get something assigned to the duplicate contexts, then they won't show up in the list, it seems.

So, go to Context mode, select All Contexts as the sidebar selector. You should see all of your contexts, duplicates and all. Select one of the duplicates and rename it slightly (put "keep" at the end of the name, for example). Now select the other duplicates in the sidebar, which should show you just the actions that you assigned to them, if any. Edit->Select All will select all of those actions, then use the Inspector or right/ctrl-click to get the contextual menu and set the context to the newly renamed context. Now they should all be using just one context (if they weren't already), and you can remove the duplicates by deleting them from the sidebar. Rename the context you kept, as desired.

Last edited by whpalmer4; 2008-09-03 at 12:58 PM.. Reason: found the problem