The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Please move datafile to Documents folder Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I don't like having my .ofocus file in ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/OmniFocus.ofocus. It's outside my "normal" backup locations and, Apple says don't do it:

Quote:
Important: You should not store user data files in the Library directory or any of its subdirectories. If your application stores the user’s data automatically—that is, without prompting the user for a location—you should choose a more appropriate location (usually the Documents directory) inside the user’s home directory.
http://developer.apple.com/documenta...Directory.html

(I know this has come up here before; it bugs me.)

Jason.

[Filed as official feedback.]